Help Us Build the Innovation Community
Engelse Wandeling 2, K18
B-8500 Kortrijk, Belgium
Central: +32 56 35 23 89
Support: +32 56 36 11 91
Sales: +32 473 993 034
View Larger Map
For North America:
740 Wildwood Avenue
Mundelein, IL 60060
Office: +1 847 949 4290
Mobile: +1 847 612 2139
View Larger Map
We're looking for a Web Application Architect
Job Type: Full Time
Category: IT / Software Development
The Web Application Architect is responsible for helping to define the technical strategy, architecture and standards for design, implementation, and operation of our new and existing, highly scalable SaaS applications and web-related technologies. The position is based in Kortrijk (Belgium), and will work closely with the Chief Architect and other architects, provide mentorship to junior developers, and work with development teams located in the U.S. and Europe.
- Capture business intent behind requirements and translate them to engineering team for successful delivery to market. Develop and drive technology standards and architecture patterns based on industry best practices and company’s business and product strategy.
- Create detailed architectural specifications for each product release working with stakeholders and development teams. Work with other architects, developers and quality assurance engineers to ensure compliance with all architectural specifications. Ensure interoperability of applications to support business use cases.
- Identify technical alternatives to a business problem and articulate pros and cons of each from a business perspective. Evaluate technologies by developing prototypes relevant to the business and products.
Work in an agile process to develop a solid architectural foundation for highly-scalable web applications while enabling iterative delivery. Ensure use of best coding practices and design patterns through code and design reviews.
- Lead by influence as opposed to authority with team members from across the organization; Mentor a team of product architects to take similar responsibilities for individual products; Participate in delivering applications by coding and troubleshooting when needed.
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of hands-on design and development experience covering a variety of technologies including Microsoft .NET and SQL server
- Must have successfully developed and launched a large-scale web-based application to market.
- Experience building scalable web applications that provide a high degree of social and professional interaction between users including content workflow and communication.
- Strong knowledge of web-related technologies/concepts including Web Services, Service-Oriented Architecture, UML design.
- Strong experience with SQL databases, modeling large, scalable databases, and data integration technologies.
- Strong experience with production deployment of major Microsoft technologies.
- Understanding of UI Architecture and technologies.
- Understanding of application security, encryption, and performance tuning.
- Excellent business process design, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Language skills: Dutch & English are a must, French is a plus.
If you're interested in this job, send your CV to jobs[at]cognistreamer.com,
with subject "Web Application Architect"
The CogniStreamer® team of professionals stands by, ready to learn more about your challenges and show you how CogniStreamer® can help you achieve your goals. Hein De Keyzer – CEO Indie Group nv.